Thursday, August 26, 2010

The experience of Living what you Believe.

From realizing the simple childish delight of the physical world to hours of Theosophical debates with a young man sitting next to me.  I've finally asked the driver if I could sit in the front seat for a time of quiet, as I could not handle any more conversations with the young man about religion.  The most troubling aspect of zealots is their lack of understanding and real life experience.  For hours the young man and I have talked, he only closed his Bible when I asked if he was capable of having a conversation about anything else, but within moment the Bible was open again an every reference point was a literal presentation of religious viewpoints without the knowledge of what he tried to present.  During the many, now long, hours, I never felt that he was able to really listen, but only interested in trying to tell me about his viewpoints.
Along the road around Lake Superior

In contrast, Hank and Kim showed more true Christ-like behaviour and belief than this young man, simply because they lived what they believed instead of preaching it.  If more people who proclaimed their faith in the Christ actively lived what they say they believe, then the world might actually be open to hearing their beliefs.  But it seems, from my experiences of being a Baptist preacher, that most that call themselves Christians rarely understand the simplest teachings of Christ.  Limited minds with extremely narrow focus seem unable to relate with others.
Sunset on Lake Superior

"He who travels far will often see things
Far removed from what he believed was Truth.
When he talks about it in the fields at home,
He is often accused of lying,
For the obdurate people will not believe
What they do not see and distinctly feel."
Quoted from "The Journey to the East"

I, myself, prefer an expanded mind, one able to see the gift of forgiveness and feel its power, fully understand grace in the word and deed, and that acknowledges truth is present in everything when an open mind really sees.
Wild geese grazing at one of our bus stops.

5:30 PM and the hours tick away, now with a bit more solitude.  Over 12 hours before my arrival in Toronto and then unknown are the hours further East, or South, to Niagara Falls.  Usefull information was derrived from the zealous young man, which information now causes some travel concerns.  I may have to purchase passage on another bus line to get fro Montreal to Halifax.
Canada on this side, the U.S. across the river.

After finishing the Shambhala book, I've discovered that their training is headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Something that caught my attention and strengthened my desire to visit there.  So now the question arises as to how to get there, since Greyhound stops service in Montreal and my flight to New York City is from Halifax.  I may have to travel down into the Northeastern part of the states through Maine and seek a ferry over, or another flight (if an inexpensive one can be found).  13 days till my due date in New York City.  Can the flight be canceled, refunded, should I not make it up that way?

Temperature is dropping, as the cold North winds blow.  Autumn is fast making itself known, even the trees attest this fact by the turning of their leaves from various shades of green to bright yellow, orange, and red.  The bus sways and rocks as we make our way along the narrow 2-lane highway around Lake Superior.  I've written much in the last few days and am eager to post it into the Blog, along with the need to check emails and connect with others.  Perhaps some time visiting the Northeastern United States is warranted, at least my phone will work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment