Thursday, August 26, 2010

Calgary to Winnipeg, Maybe

10:50 AM Sunday morning brings sounds of thumpty-thump, thumpty-thump, soft music, German, and rustling of plastic bags.  The two German ladies sitting next to me, as we all wait for the Noon bus, are knitting and talking in German.  Waiting with us are 2 younger German girls, some young rocker types, a few Asian men, some Hispanic people, and various others with backpacks. Calm, quiet and relaxed seems to be enjoyed this morning.  We'll be boarding within the hour.  I've already placed my large pack in line for the baggage handlers to place on the bus, others soon follow suit.  Without much announcement, and very little instruction a line began to form for a bag inspection.  This lack of proper instruction, loud enough for everyone to hear, caused some confusion for just about everyone.  Eventually everyone had their bags checked, and we were ready to board the bus, one man didn't make it.
Calgary Greyhound Bus Station

Instead of staying in Winnipeg, I'm going to try something different.  I desire to make my way up to Snow Lake and spend some time exploring the vast lake areas of Manitoba.  Having a feeling that there is something there for me, I will see more of the Province, save a bit more, but might find sleeping arrangements interesting.

The waiting area outside of Gate 12 here at the Calgary Greyhound bus station begins to fill a bit more, hopefully it won't be a full bus.  Waiting, I dwell upon the events of the last few days.  I didn't enjoy the main ReggaeFest event as much as I enjoyed the all Female Performer concert on Thursday night at the Ship & Anchor.  I left early and casually meandered along unknown city streets back to the Wicked Hostel.  A good night’s sleep and I'm well rested for this long bus ride today.


What is 16 Degrees Celsius in Fahrenheit?


How far is 7 Kilometers?

Why doesn't the United States teach the Metric system instead of the Imperial measurements?  I know the Metric system is much easier to use, but it is difficult to only understand one type and the rest of the world uses another type of measure.  It is past time for the United States to stop hindering the American public from being competitive with the rest of the world and start teaching the Metric system in our schools so our young people will grow up with a system of measure that can be used all over the globe.

There are several thoughts invading my mind lately - find a place to rest for a bit and paint and sculpt a lot OR go back to college.  We'll have to see where the Universe takes me, for now, time to finish my Lemon Poppy muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment