Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The End of the Great Canadian Adventure

As the great Canadian backpacking adventure draws to a close, thoughts of what might lie ahead whirl through my mind.  There is a strong pull back to Austin to work with clients and be with friends; however, there is another pull towards Dallas and time with friends there and commuting to Austin to work.  The Canadian adventure has taken its toll on finances for sure, as Canada is expensive, so trying to earn the funds for an apartment deposit and first months rent will be something I'll have to address.
Me and the Mar

I'll spend some time researching options, sending out some emails about working in Austin, and overall sorting out where I'm supposed to be.  My dearest friends and clients are all in Austin and I have work there waiting.  Transportation will be required if I'm to stay in one location for long, perhaps a scooter or something.
The Tug Boat in Halifax Harbor

The new friends, the lessons learned, the knowledge gained, and the regained health will allow for greater insight into the world and thus further assisting clients.

Aboard the Tall Ship Mar in Halifax, Nova Scotia
Soldiers at the Halifax Citadel.
Today is the last day in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and I'm preparing to catch a flight this afternoon to New York City (actually Newark airport and then a series of transports to visit my friend Brad in Brooklyn).  A few days in New York, then I'll find my way to Washington DC for another few days to visit old and new friends, and finally a bus ride to Dallas and attendance of the bi-annual camp out.  September 23rd is the end of all of this, so I have some time to sort things out and determine what course I'll take.  For now, it's time to pack and reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment