Friday, November 5, 2010

The Dark Point

Sitting quietly in the cold doctors office, meditating, a sound, a glance, and suddenly the sight and the thought caught my attention.  Thus, quickly pulling out my notebook and pen, I begin to write.  There is a valuable lesson here for anyone who can hear.  (The doctors appointment went well, now waiting for some test results and then decisions to make.)


The darkness, dark moments, have a point.  They lead us to that specific point in time so our focus has to be limited, narrowed.  As we reach that point, there is no other place to turn or hide, then we are still, forced to turn around and see.  Turning around we can see everything that is available to us, clearly lighted and shown.  Through the darkness all of our hopes, dreams and desires are illuminated by the light; thus allowing us to clearly see where we want to head, to be.  Here in the darkest of dark places we see with greater vision, not with the eyes, your whole essence.
The Point of Darkness, an illustration showing how loosing focus can lead us back to the point of darkness.


Some are afraid of the darkest places within, however, I've learned to trust these dark places even when I know the pittfalls, traps, and dangers within.  I see my true fears, my faults, my challenges; in essence, I see me fully and completely as me.  Sometimes captive there until I can face the truths about these darkest aspects of self and able to turn to look into the light of love once more.  Now with a "light" on where I am heading, where I want to be, there is clear focus and insight in how to get out of the darkness and to that one space I long to be.


Often times while we are basking in the light we begin to loose focus and grounding by looking around at all the other options.  Then as we set our eyes upon something more brilliantly illuminated we loose focus and begin to sway, almost like soaring, away from our private destiny.  Learning to stay grounded and our intentions clearly in view guides us.  However, when we soar, fly, or meander into other aspects of the light there is the strong tendency to end up in a shadow, usually the shadow of another person.  There are times when we need to soar a bit, the key is keeping our sight on our own intentions and remain grounded.  Feel free to fly, to soar, to meander, but only when the sky is fully open and the meadows are wide and green.


Should we find ourselves in the shadows of others while we exploring again, there can be the pull back into the darkness, to that dark point.  We should appreciate the dark places.  Don't be afraid of the darkness, both within and without, as the darkness is part of everything and in everything; it is our friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment