Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stress Relief

Stress isn't good for anyone, especially those with compromised immune systems.  Over the years I have learned many ways to deal with my stress, many of them a major frustration to friends/family, like expressing my anger and depressions.  There are some situations where I cannot control the stress, only how I deal with it.  The events of today didn't allow for my usual margarita afternoon, but the end result was stress relief.  After meeting with ASA today, I ended up having to walk home (3 hours) in the Austin heat.  My mind, that same mind with all of its creative abilities, is also the culprit of many of my issues, so while walking my mind was running full throttle and not in a good way, in the most destructive of ways.

The Universe always seems to know what I need in order to pull myself back from the brink of destruction, and today was no exception.  Walking (as I call them - my walk-a-bouts) provided the energetic release, not to mention physical exercise.  While walking, I stopped to obtain a drink to cool my heavily sweat soaked body, and I checked emails.  A smile slowly formed as I read one particular email, as it was from a young man I had recently met and spent time with.  It was a good email and brightened my day.  The rest of the walk home was more enjoyable.

Upon arriving home, I checked emails again.  This time to find the real stress relief I was looking for.  After some issues with Social Security, the Texas Health & Human Services, and Medicare, along with knowing that project incomes wouldn't be seen until later in the month or even next month, I was very stressed over this month's income.  Relief was provided through the assistance of ASA, so now I can relax, focus on writing, work on projects, and enjoy life as I have become accustomed to doing.

There are many types of stress, and we all have to find our own ways of relieving stress.  So instead of enjoying margaritas, I walked, talked, screamed, and enjoyed a delightful email from a handsome young man.  Talk about stress relief.  

Now, I'm relaxing in my apartment working on one of the remodel concepts for a currently unremarkable home in Austin.  Here's one of the concepts:  The house is currently a one story ranch style with only a few notable Architectural details.  This concept adds a second story, creates a new entry, and creates a usable yard.
This is what I love to do, design, model, create, and it is my most effective form of stress relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment