Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Supporting M. in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.

When a friend or client discloses their battle with cancer, it is often an unsettling moment for them and for you. You are faced with how to respond, should you respond, and how do you show support for them. My friend and client Melissa showed great courage over the last few years while dealing with cancer, so this year when she asked if I would support her by donating, I agreed. Not only agreed, but offered to continue assisting until she reached her goal.

I may not have been able to hold her hand or provide her comfort during her struggles, but this is a great way to show her just how much I support her. Now I ask you, the reader, will you help support Melissa as she embarks upon the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure?


Here's what Melissa had to say recently when she began asking for donations, which is always a slippery slope, but I hope you'll join in and give a donation of any amount.


After the year I had last year, I wanted to give back! This year, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.


I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. Net proceeds from the 3-Day for the Cure fund innovative global breast cancer research and local community programs supporting education, screening and treatment. Virtually every major advance in the fight against breast cancer in the last 28 years has been impacted by a Komen for the Cure grant.


I've agreed to raise at least $2,300 in donations. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation? Keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train. You can give online at The3Day.org. Just follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising webpage and make a donation. You can also call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone.


I am walking with a dynamic group of women, one of which helped me so much with my journey of cancer last year, Jennifer Wegmiller. Unfortunately, she has spent the past year fighting her own battle!


Somewhere in the world, a woman dies from breast cancer every 69 seconds. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.


Thank you in advance for your generosity!


Sincerely,
Melissa




















P.S. Ask your employer if they will double your donation through a matching gift program!

Click here to visit my personal page and make a Donation.

If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR?px=5902125&pg=personal&fr_id=1627&et=9aAy7yCFiA0EKqN0l9cIKw&s_tafId=492556

No comments:

Post a Comment