Sunday, November 20, 2011

Life as an Adventure, Discover Yourself

Life as an Adventure, Discover Yourself

In life, as in business, there are times when we need to get away from the stress, find new points of view to help us grow, and to discover new experiences that challenge us.  Recently I was reminded of just how much my travels have helped me through life, so I wanted to share some of the many places I've traveled to and a bit about how these travels and experiences have guided my life.

Lets start with one of the most amazing adventures.

Just outside of Leon, Nicaragua, is a fairly new volcano.  This active volcano smolders with the smell of sulphur everywhere.  The steep slopes are covered in a fine volcanic ash, which makes it challenging to climb, but great fun for getting back down.  Here's the video of me Volcano Boarding on Cerro Negro Volcan.


The excitement and physical challenge allowed for a renewed belief that I could accomplish amazing things in life, even if I fail.  All it takes is to get back up, pull yourself together and keep going, laughing at the misfortune and walking forward with friends.

I've hiked volcanoes, I've hiked through Central American jungles to discover some amazing waterfalls, I've hiked across Canada and met some incredible people, and I've slept in Hostels where the lessons from fellow travelers were appreciated.  In all, my travels have allowed greater insight into the lives and cultures of others, have created new ways of seeing my own life, and have led to some great friendships.

Take some time and travel about, you might discover your true nature along the way.

Kim and I chatting while hiking up Cerro Negro Volcan
On the road to Toronto, Canada
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mountain Biking in Banff National Park, Canada
Up close and personal with an Eagle in Salt Lake City.
Off the beaten path, the real country in Utah.
The painted Buffalo and the real Salt Lake.
Calgary Regeafest and a surprise meeting with my Australian friend Megan.
On top of the world while backpacking through Canada.
My friends love my attitude, Incorrigible.
My faithful friend and protector, Freckles.  He's a rescue from Austin Pets Alive!
Sunbathing and People watching in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  You can learn a lot just by watching people.
Hiking to the Mayan Ruins in Copan Ruinas, Honduras
Yes, real Lava at the top of the Volcan Pacaya, just outside of Guatemala City.  We roasted marshmallows over the lava, enjoyed the most amazing sunset and hiked down in the dark of night.
On the trail hiking up Volcan Pacaya in Guatemala.
Old world luxury in Granada, Nicaragua.  New places inspire new ways of living.
2 day Hike in Celaque National Park (at the peak you can see the surrounding countries and it is a Cloud Forest as you walk through the clouds to get to the top) in Gracias, Honduras.  Being alone with a friend with no other living person in the area really allowed for an awakening view of life, as if something happened to either of us, we were in real trouble.
Canoeing through the backwaters in Monterrico, Guatemala
And finally, through new friendships, knowledge, experience and desire grow.  We are ever changed when we experience new cultures, try new things, and become friends with people from around the world.  What we bring back is a new expression for those around us, and for me, a renewed sense of self and the strong desire to live!

2 of my 5 Wives.  Mis Cinco Esposas as they were called.  They are from Norway and we all hiked, traveled and learned Spanish through our travels.
You've heard the saying, "Life through rose colored glasses," well, life takes on new meaning when we take on a new way of seeing things.

Playa Maderas, Nicaragua, just North of San Juan del Sur
What have your travels taught you about life, 
friendships, and business?

For information on Home Staging and preparing a home for market
Austin Market-Ready Services provides comprehensive services to assist you in selling a home,
along with consults, tips, and guides to make homes go from "For Sale" to Sold.
Services for REALTORs and Homeowners
for any List Price of a home, including Luxury Real Estate,
all from the Creative mind of The Austin 'Feel Good' GuySebastian Barrett St.Troy




No comments:

Post a Comment