Friday, November 25, 2011

Words, I am the One

Over the years, I've used words to express myself, so here are two poems I've written that express many things:
Words

by Sebastian Barrett St.Troy

Words, spoken, written, heard, read.
I find the written word easier to understand.
Words spoken have diffent meanings,
both to speaker and listener.
People should think more before speaking
for a word spoken can cause such joy/pain.
I prefer the written word,
but there is life in the spoken.


I am the One
by Sebastian Barrett St.Troy

People, pain, pleasure, excitement,
joy, loneliness, fear, hope.
I see people looking for something
to make them feel needed, important, loved.
I hear people say, "you must first love yourself
before you can love another."
Do these people know how to love themselves?
Perhaps they need someone to love them for them,
to teach them to accept and love themselves.
It seems that most of us don't take the time
to accept others different from ourselves.
Perhaps if we took the time
the world would be a better place.
The people more accepting, friendly
and filled with love for themselves and others.
I am the one to start.
Most good things only take one person to start
and one act of kindness sparks another.

No comments:

Post a Comment